Thursday, November 20, 2008

2 OVERLY AMBITIOUS PROJECTS ....NOW ALTERED

I HAD TWO THINGS TO POST OF OVERLY AMBITIOUS PROJECT ONE A RASPBERRY ALMOND TORTE OF WHICH I FORGOT TO TAKE A FINAL PICTURE with the whip cream and almonds...DOH! SO NOW I HAVE TO REDO THE 4 LAYER TORTE AND TAKE A FINAL PIC...(NOT TODAY,though) AND THEN AN ALTERATION PROJECT.

FIRST PROJECT.... I admit it, I sometimes buy things on sale that one day, yes one day I will use or have a use for... these were about 4 years in the making to come to find out...they don't really fit all the way. So what do you do when you have these calf length boots that you at one point thought they were quite kewl and you were going to get an outfit to wear with and.... then I .... can't zip them up ... calf length... so you... alter them. Its cold...Its Georgia and we have gotten into the 20's guys, its really cold and I have whipped out the leather conditioner for the jackets and these brown boots I have... But these denim boots that I so loved about 4 years ago...hmmm... not sure if infact I am ever going to wear them but I had a challenge. My first thought was to send them to the alterations, but at the thought of having some slim, 0% body fat lady look complete disbelieft at my request lower the calf length boot to a high ankle length boot. Kinda of reminded me of the glamour shot pictures about 20 years ago in which I insisted that purple eyeliner was a good color for me. And I consider the pity look she would give me at my request and the comments to other staffers in a language that would not be understandable to me why they snicker at my expense, literally... was a little more than I could handle. Probably as much as the laughter of my sister as I tried to explain the before and after and her joke was "did you take a picture of you wearing them before and after or was it while altering them". Funny Yolanda.



So here goes to any of you... who can understand my rambling, my thoughts, and my grief and satisfaccion of doing it....

1 comment:

tavolini said...

good job! The boots look great :)

guestbook